VMware Horizon Community
mohissa
Contributor
Contributor

Printing issue using Web Based HTML5 View Client

We are testing VDI Web Based HTML5 client for all what it can do. One of the things did not work is printing. We can print form a desktop using the VMware View Client with no problem but when we switch to the HTML5 web based client it can not pick up the printer, only it shows PDF to print to. We tried different browsers and it was like that in all of them. I'm wondering if any one had a similar issue print from the virtual desktop using HTML5 client.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander

You can't print to a local printer while using the HTML Access today, that functionality only exists with full clients. For more details on HTML Access, please check the following:

* http://www.vmware.com/pdf/horizon-view/horizon-view-html-access-document.pdf - 'feature support matrix' section

* VMware Horizon View HTML Access Release Notes

Mike

mohissa
Contributor
Contributor

That what I though but I wanted to confirm from the community. Thank you for the links which I had checked them and searched a lot for any thing related to printing from the HTML5 but as you said now now. I hope VMware will come up with a solution because HTML5 Access is great but needs to have all the features enabled on it just the full version VMware view client.

0 Kudos