VMware Horizon Community
SirGreyFox29
Contributor
Contributor

Printing in pcoip Environment with floating assignment and persona management,.

Got A question about ThinClients and network printing we are using view horizon 6.1  with a floating pool and we having issue where the users can print, i found that we if  log off the user and back on they get a new desktop and they are able to print has anyone else seen this if so how did you correct it

8 Replies
mougT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi

That sounds more like a Windows problem or driver issue. Have you checked the status on the printer queue and local spooler service before you log off?

0 Kudos
amr12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I assume you meant to say they *can't* print?  If that is the case try disabling the two thin print services and make sure you are capturing the correct information needed for the users printers to be remapped on log on.  I am not familiar with persona but we use AppSense and this resolved our issues.

0 Kudos
SirGreyFox29
Contributor
Contributor

there is no, i check the status of the printer queue and theres nothing in there like a stuck job or high cpu ussage.  how ever when they log on to a different vm from that same pool it will print right away. sometimes the printers will be there  but no default printer is set.

0 Kudos
SirGreyFox29
Contributor
Contributor

that is correct. i tried re-mapping it thinking  it was driver issue but that didn't work.

0 Kudos
rooster147
Contributor
Contributor

When you say network printing are you loading the printer via the thin print GPO or are the network printers added to the endpoint?

amr12
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have you tried installing the driver for all of the printers on your master image and then recomposing the desktop/pools?

SirGreyFox29
Contributor
Contributor

They are  being pushed out via GPO.

0 Kudos
rooster147
Contributor
Contributor

If you manually map the printer via Ip while in the desktop does it print correctly? You don't have an usb printers attached to these endpoints do you?

0 Kudos