VMware Horizon Community
kegwell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Preserving User Preferences

I'm a bit confused on keeping user settings after a Desktop Refresh, Recomposition or even reboot. I am using linked clones with the default 2GB data disk, for testing purposes. My data disk is seperate from my OS disk, as recommended, but I can't seem to get user preferences to stick, such as wallpaper, icon placement ,etc. I noticed that the My Documents, email, etc. is not mapped to the data disk, rather the C: drive. Did I missing something during the provisioning process? Shouldnt these folders be mapped to the users data disk? Any help would be appeciated.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
kegwell
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

One other tidbit...does the Linked Clone I am deploying need to be on a domain? As of right now, the desktop VM is a member of a workgroup and not actually on the domain yet.

0 Kudos
randyf25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As long as you configured the persistent pool to use clones and create the user disk the user profiles should be automatically mapped to the User Disk. I did not have to do anything special for that to happen.

I would suggest creating a new pool to see if it behaves differently or if you missed a setting somewhere.

0 Kudos