VMware Horizon Community
natixis_it
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Powershell recomposing View 7.4

After upgrading Horizon View 6.2.5 to 7.4.0 I can no longer automate the recompose process.  Has anyone else experience this same issue.  Below is the error I'm receiving.  It's complaining that it can't find com.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory

PS C:\Users\> Get-DesktopVM -Name VM | Send-LinkedCloneRecompose -schedule $date -parentVMPath '/VM' -parentSnapshotPath 'snapshot'

Send-LinkedCloneRecompose : PowershellService::SendLinkedCloneRecompose FAILED, error=Providercom.ctc.wstx.stax.WstxInputFactory not found At line:1 char:36

+ Get-DesktopVM -Name VDKNYCGNL352 | Send-LinkedCloneRecompose -schedule '04/21/20 ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo          : InvalidResult: (vmware.view.pow...dCloneRecompose:SendLinkedCloneRecompose) [Send-Linked  CloneRecompose], Exception

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PowershellService::SendLinkedCloneRecompose FAILED,vmware.view.powershell.cmdlets.SendLinkedCloneRecompose

0 Kudos
2 Replies
natixis_it
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm assuming that the command is broken in View 7.4. I'll see if the support engineers can assist.

0 Kudos
scottnpcola
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a support ticket on this for two weeks with the only suggestion being to upgrade PowerCLI to version 10.1.  Issue still remains, and now waiting on the hurrendous response time with the engineer.

0 Kudos