VMware Horizon Community
kcmount
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PowerCLI "Update-AutomaticLinkedClonePool" removes connection server restrictions on pool?

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to read this query.

We are having a problem whereby a simple PowerCLI script being used to reduce the number of running VMs in a pool is having the knock on effect of removing the connection server restrictions for the pool.

"Update-AutomaticLinkedClonePool -pool_id testpool -headroomCount 20"

VMware say there is no support for using PowerCLI with View which I find a bit mystifying at the moment but I'd be grateful for any advice on this problem or whether there is a better way of achieving this.

With thanks,

Kim

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi Kim,

I've seen this crop up recently. It's a bug in the View PowerCLI code whereby it doesn't preserve tag values for pools when they are modified. It is now being tracked for a fix, though I don't have details on when it will be released. The workaround would be to manually retrieve them from the ADAM database beforehand and restore them after the command.

Mike

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

Hi Kim,

I've seen this crop up recently. It's a bug in the View PowerCLI code whereby it doesn't preserve tag values for pools when they are modified. It is now being tracked for a fix, though I don't have details on when it will be released. The workaround would be to manually retrieve them from the ADAM database beforehand and restore them after the command.

Mike

0 Kudos
kcmount
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

Massive thanks for taking the time to answer this!

I'll investigate how we can pull and push info with the ADAM DB.

Thanks again!

Kim

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

No problem. Also, I think you've got a bit of bad information - while View PowerCLI is not supported through the existing vSphere PowerCLI SDK structure, it is fully supported by the View team.

0 Kudos
kcmount
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Mike,

Yes thanks, the original chap who picked up the case said it wasn't supported (but to his credit he looked into it for us) but it's now found it's way through to the right place who like you have confirmed it's supported and the issue fixed later upstream.

Just need to sort out a way of giving the customer something as a workaround for now.

Cheers,

Kim

0 Kudos
mpryor
Commander
Commander
Jump to solution

I'm a little bit late in posting this, but the View 5.1 release fixed this issue as well.

0 Kudos