VMware Horizon Community
jswager1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Possible to have an Unmanaged Desktop WITHOUT joining the domain?

Is it possible to add an Unmanaged Desktop to a manual pool in View without having the desktop be joined to the domain?  Or is the "join the domain" an absolute requirement? 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have some special use case VM's that are not on the domain.  The only issues is that the pass through of the credentials doesn't work so they have to autenticate to View using their ad username and password and then login to the VDI machine with a local account.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I have some special use case VM's that are not on the domain.  The only issues is that the pass through of the credentials doesn't work so they have to autenticate to View using their ad username and password and then login to the VDI machine with a local account.

0 Kudos
jswager1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

How do you set this up?  I can live with the lack of pass-through credentials?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

Well in my case they were managed by vCenter so not exactly the same as what you are trying.  In your case I would simply install the agent, point it to the connection broker, and then use the View admin page to add the paticular desktop to a pool. 

jswager1
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Actually, the cases are the same.  My Unmanaged Desktop are existing VMs in the same vCenter, as well as other VMs in other vCenters and VMware Servers. Smiley Happy

When I install the agent on one of these to-be-unmanaged desktop, the install program never asks for connection broker.  The install docs seem to indicate that there should be such a page during the install - but the doc also say that the machine should be joined to the domain already.

I went back to a couple of the test machines, remove the agent, then re-added.  And indeed - I can now add the VMs to the pool and access them, once I go through the logon screen.

THANKS!

0 Kudos