VMware Horizon Community
HiggsBoson1
Contributor
Contributor

Poor audio quality with BLAST/RTAV?

Hello,

we are experiencing some issues with our audio in (microphone) settings and RTAV (Horizon Client 5.4 and Agent 7.11).

If i look into the Settings of the vmware microphone, i can just choose between 8000 Hz and 16000 Hz (default is 8000Hz).

If i enable USB Redirection for the Headset, i can choose 48.000 Hz.

Question:

1. Why it is only showing this low settings?

2. How can i set the defaults for all my users on 16000 Hz? Is there a GPO or something?

With best regards

Matthias

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Avenger429
Contributor
Contributor

We are having similar audio quality issues, however we are pretty sure it is due to bandwidth issues. We will be testing with the GP setting mentioned in this article: VMware Knowledge Base

0 Kudos
HiggsBoson1
Contributor
Contributor

That KB is just referencing the problems with PCOIP protocol, not BLAST.Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Avenger429
Contributor
Contributor

Yeah, we noticed that too. We're looking to see if there is a similar setting for blast

0 Kudos
Franklin2
Contributor
Contributor

Did you ever find out the issue? We are using Blast and having terrible audio quality. I haven't been able to figure out the problem. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
SurajRoy
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I would recommend using View agent 7.13.1 only any test pool or agent machine and check the status.

0 Kudos
Franklin2
Contributor
Contributor

we are on 7.13 while using vmware blast and Vmware devtap

I can confirm we do not have this issue with PCOIP using the Teradici audio driver. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
BenTrojahn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

if the "poor audio"  you are describing is on INPUT, you need a hot fix or the next rollup.

0 Kudos
Franklin2
Contributor
Contributor

it is an issue with the microphone. I found that changing the sample rate from 8000 to 16000  improves the quality but there is no easy way to do this as each user would need to change manually. 

who would provide the hotfix? vmware? 

0 Kudos
BenTrojahn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

As part of upgrade testing we determined RTAV audio input was poor to non-functional after 7.10.1 agent and opened an SR in January.  Specifically in 7.10.2, 7.10.3, 7.13.0 and 7.13.1  Presumably broke in the same manner in all agents in between.  Agent 7.13.1-18137013 includes that fix plus other RTAV stability issues.  GA target was ​to be included in 7.13.2​ and 8.3.

Franklin2
Contributor
Contributor

is that build available for download? I am not finding it. 

0 Kudos
BenTrojahn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

7.13.1-18137013 is a hotfix.  the public fix is supposed to be in 7.13.2 when it is released.