VMware Horizon Community
Damo007
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Poor RDP Performance

Hiya guys,

I've just built my first security server and can say the performance leaves a lot to be desired.

My customer sits behind a 100MB Fibre connection and through PPTP VPN and using the View client PCoIP, performance is excellent!

Using the PPTP VPN and utilizing microsoft native RDP client to connect to boxes on the network, performance is excellent!

But...........

Using RDP externally with no VPN through the security server or even changing the protocol to RDP in the View client and using my PPTP VPN performance is very laggy on the brink of being totally unuseable.

I have 200 students who need to connect using RDP with the security server so does anyone have any tips on this one? Surely many people out there are using the security server like this?

At first i thought my security server was the issue but after the testing I just carried out I can see RDP and View in general is the issue. Keeping in mind RDP works 100% fine when using the native microsoft RDP client.

Anyone else overcome this hurdle? Thoughts?

BTW im sitting off-site doing this testing from my office just on a dirty old adsl connection. I must say PCoIP and View over the WAN impresses me, i just wish I could get RDP and View to do the same. I also have an open ticket for this but thought someone out there in the community may be able to help.

0 Kudos
0 Replies