VMware Horizon Community
N74jrw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Pools not listed in VMware client

Hi,

Our VMware Views users are collected into a single active directory group. This group is entitled to the various pools. When members of this group log into the View client, no pools are presented. If I try to log into the same pools as an admin user, they are there in the client. I double checked that the View users are entitled to the pools, and they are. There are no authentication errors in the process, the pools are just not displayed. What could be causing this? Everything was fine on Friday. No changes to the View client happened at that time.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
3 Replies
CameronUBC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are any of your DCs in your environment having problems? It might be connecting to a DC that's having problems. Also, I think sometimes the connection servers can get out of sync and have problems. I've had this issue before. I removed and added the AD user group to the entitlement for the pool and it worked okay after that. If that doesn't work try entitling a single user instead of the group to see if that helps. It's not a workaround but it helps to diagnose the problem.

0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

On your Connection Server, run the command "vdmadmin -U -u " followed by the domain name and username.  e.g. "vdmadmin -U -u domain1\jdoe" this should show you their group membership and pool entitlements. Do this for various users including normal users and admin users. This may help to track down the entitlements problem.

Mark

0 Kudos
N74jrw
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm a giant idiot. The latest version of the View client display the favorite connection servers by default. If there is nothing in favorites, nothing is displayed. Changing the view to show the normal connection server has the pools all there.

0 Kudos