VMware Horizon Community
rdonohue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Pool wont start provisioning

Weird issue here. I've got a pool of floating linked clones that has been relatively stable. I wanted to create a test pool, so that I can test out changes to the golden image before pushing to the production pool. So I cloned the production pool. Everything is set identically. The pool is enabled but will not do anything. Nothing at all. I'm not getting any messages or errors in view or vcenter. Our company is 100% vdi and I've been doing this for several years, so not a newbie. All of the normal stuff has been checked. I've checked the logs on composer and I don't see anything that stands out or indicates that there is an issue. Meanwhile, other pools are working fine. Anyone have any idea of what might be causing this? We're on relatively current versions of everything.

3 Replies
BenFB
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I would verify that AD LDS replication is healthy between all of the connection servers by following Forcing replication between ADAM databases (1021805). Then follow Restart order of the View environment to clear ADLDS (ADAM) synchronization in Horizon View (2068381....

sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

The restart is a good idea if it hasn't been done, I have a similar issue that happened in our 6.2.1 enivronment, and we had to a full restart like the kb article mentioned. I'm hoping since we migrated to a fresh install of horizon that may not be necessary anymore.

0 Kudos
rdonohue
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks guys. This does sound like a likely culprit. In addition to recently upgrading vcenter we also had network maintenance this weekend that caused all sorts of disruptions. The connection servers haven't been rebooted since, so this would make sense. I'm going to schedule a maintenance window and get them rebooted.

0 Kudos