VMware Horizon Community
kongfupanda
Contributor
Contributor

Pool creation stucking at customising or provisioning on View 5

Hi , I created master image and created a snapshot to test my VDI. when created floating linked clone pool, it takes very long time and seems hang there. I can see the customisation status on Vcenter(composer),but the desktops are still unknown . The agent installed in master image is 6.0 .while my connections server is 5.x. any advice please?Thanks

0 Kudos
4 Replies
kongfupanda
Contributor
Contributor

and, any way to check the log from admin Web UI? I saw the DB not configured for event, any other way to check log? If the DB for event is must, can I use the local SQL express on connection server? any link for configuration for this part please? Thanks!

0 Kudos
mobinqasim786
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Once I had the same issue, and it was composer Database was corrupt so I had to remove my old Pool references amd redeployed my Pool. Please check the following KB

VMware KB: Manually deleting linked clones or stale virtual desktop entries from the View Composer d...

It's good to have Events Database configured, it gives you more control what's going on with the Pool. You should be able to create a new Database by using Local MS SQL Server 2008 Express (R2 SP1) and configure it in View Admin.

VMware View 5.1 -- Setup View Event Database on MSSQL 2008 - YouTube

0 Kudos
elgwhoppo
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Wrote a post on this a while ago. Check all the things in there. Check licensing, required network ports, guest image setup and DHCP.

http://elgwhoppo.com/2012/03/23/vms-getting-stuck-on-customizing-with-vmware-view-5-0/

VCDX-Desktop
0 Kudos
mobinqasim786
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had to reboot the whole View environment and redeployed the Pool. Now everything working perfect.

I'll update if I face the same issue again.

Regards.

0 Kudos