VMware Horizon Community
vemansinn
Contributor
Contributor

Plug-in for VMWare view client

How to wirite a plug-in to client component of VmWare view? Is there any SDK/API available for this?

0 Kudos
5 Replies
vemansinn
Contributor
Contributor

Here iam elobarating my question further....

Can i integrate my own code into "VMWare view client"  using any available SDK's (or)API's ? Is there any such API's available to add my functionality into VMWare view client ?

For Example : I want to modify the VMWare view client component in such a way that it pops up my enterprise banner when i started  VMWare Client component  ?

0 Kudos
GBRXJeremy
Contributor
Contributor

you could always take the Open View Client and modify it.

http://code.google.com/p/vmware-view-open-client/

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

We don't allow this currently.  However, if you really want to do it, you can edit the wswc_en_us_409.dll in Visual Studio or another resource editor and change out the VMware banner bitmap to another one.  However, this change won't survive an upgrade because the dll would be clobbered.

0 Kudos
vemansinn
Contributor
Contributor

My requirement is

1. enhancing the VMWare vie client on Windows platform, so i can not use openclient.

2. As "grossag" suggested modifying DLL's is not the best option, is there any other option (API/SDK )available to enhance VMWare view client.

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

As I mentioned in my last post, the only way to do this is to edit the resource dll.  There is no other current way to do it.

0 Kudos