VMware Horizon Community
NateRiver
Contributor
Contributor

Please help, I am not able to install View connection server

Hi,

I am new here and it is my frst time evaluating on VMware view.

I am trying to install VMware View connection server Ver.4.5, however, I have difficulty of installing it.

My machine is a PC installed with Windows Server 2003 R2 -- 32 bit

CPU : Intel Core2Duo E8400 3.00GHz

RAM : 2GB

Hard Drive : 200GB

During installation, my installer showed me : "The wizard was interrupted before VMWare View Connection Server could be completely installed."

I was doing nothing to the PC while I was installing the server. Also, no other error messages were shown apart from above.

Could you please help me resolving this problem?

Thank you for your kindness.

Kind Regards

0 Kudos
6 Replies
cmmiller
Contributor
Contributor

Do you have SP2 installed on the to-be connection server? See the below connection server requirements:

Components Requirements - View Connection Server 4.5

32 or 64bit Server

Pentium IV 2.0GHz Processor or Higher

One or More 10/100Mbps or higher Network Interface Cards (NICs)

2 GB RAM or higher for Windows Server 2003 32bit host system

4 GB RAM or higher for Windows Server 2008 64bit host system

Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2003 R2 32bit Service Pack 2, or Windows Server 2003 32bit Service Pack 2

Administrator rights on the domain user account used to install View Connection Server 4.5

Valid View 4.5 License Keys

Note: The license keys in VMware View 4.5 consists of 25 characters.

Windows 2000, 2003, or 2008 Active Directory Environment

0 Kudos
Suiname
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I had a problem like this as well when trying to install view, it had to do with the installer executable trying to run as a Local System account. I was able to remedy this by opening up the services (run -> services.msc) and finding the view connection server service. I opened the properties of the service, went to the log on tab and switched the log on as from Local System Account to a domain service account with admin access on that box. Once I did this, the install went fine.

0 Kudos
eeg3
Commander
Commander

Is this a fresh machine? VCS can not be installed on same server as the vCenter server.

blog.eeg3.net | Useful VMware-related Links

If you found this or any other post helpful, please consider the use of the Helpful/Correct buttons to award points.

Blog: http://blog.eeg3.net
0 Kudos
NateRiver
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks very much to you all,

However, I have updated the server into SP2, but the problem still exist.

The server has nothing on it, it's a fresh installed windows.

Regards

0 Kudos
NateRiver
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the advice,

However, I am not able to find view connection server service in services.msc

0 Kudos
jamesdematt
Contributor
Contributor

This was a big help to me. I looked over as much documentation and forum info. that I could find with this error, only to find here on your post that it can't be installed on the same server as vCenter. Good look eeg3!

0 Kudos