VMware Horizon Community
Mercutio879b
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Personas and IE10

We recently updated our pool to IE 10, as another piece of software required it. After updating, we found that the 'run' option when downloading a file is gone, and the 'save' and 'save as' dialogs don't respond. since our users don't do much downloading and running, it's this isn't actually a big deal. But we have into a few problems with this. Webex won't work correctly at times, there's an .xbap application that won't run, among others. After some troubleshooting, we believe that our personas policy is breaking this functionality, but we can't figure out why. The only redirect that Personas does is Cookies. All the other major stuff is handled by windows folder redirection. Temporary Internet Files stay on the VM.

Any help is appreciated.

We are running View 5.2 on vSphere 5.5.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
childebrandt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This really sounds like a GPO or Registry issue.

@childebrandt42

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
ErikTatum10
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Hi,

Sorry you are having difficulties.  As far as I know Persona does not have any known compatibility issues with IE10.  Therefore, this suggests we might want to look at your configuration.  First, if you are using Windows Folder Redirection instead of configuring folder redirection though Persona, I would encourage you to discontinue that practice and configure all the folders you want to redirect through the Persona admin template instead.  Persona will be much better off if it can decide when and how folder redirection is applied instead of WFR applying whenever it wants.

Do you think you could try this with some new users (or at least new profiles) and see if it resolves the issue?

Thanks,

Erik

0 Kudos
childebrandt
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

This really sounds like a GPO or Registry issue.

@childebrandt42
0 Kudos
Mercutio879b
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I just figured this out this morning. Something with our Group Policy Preferences broke this functionality in IE. My initial tests showed this to be a View only issue, but that was mistaken.

0 Kudos
ErikTatum10
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

My advice to configure folder redirection only through Persona still stands.  If you are configuring folder redirection through Windows group policy instead of the Persona admin template, this is an unsupported configuration that will eventually cause you problems.  If I misunderstood and you are not doing this, then please ignore.

Thanks,

Erik

0 Kudos
Mercutio879b
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The only thing that Personas is redirecting are the cookies. I can't use Personas completely, as we have physical computers that use folder redirection, and we want them to be able to access their documents on the network shares.

0 Kudos