VMware Horizon Community
robdevaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Persona not saving pinned items

If I pin something to my taskbar or start menu, it does not sync to persona.  I'm just wondering if there's a setting i'm missing.

If I configure the Folder Redirection setting for Application Data, it works, but I have to have a second repository folder for this, as it will not save to the Username.V2 folder and creates another folder with just the username.  I thought this was working for me during my pilot of View, with a different master image.  I did not have this Folder Redirection setting set on my pilot.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you enabled Application Data (Roaming), it should follow.  Pinned items for the Start Menu and Taskbar are stored in their.  I might start by looking at the path you used for the GPO.

0 Kudos
robdevaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I guess I was just looking for confirmation that the Application Data (Roaming) setting is what I need.

0 Kudos
TDJB3
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I used a great Group Policy book by Jeremy Moskowitz for this answer.  He has a great section on Roaming Profiles.  https://www.amazon.com/Group-Policy-Fundamentals-Security-Managed/dp/0470581859/ref=sr_1_5?s=books&i...

0 Kudos
robdevaul
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Why do I have to redirect App Data (Roaming) when the folders I need are already in the persona?

\\servername\viewrepository\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Micorosoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\User Pinned\TaskBar is present.  Shouldn't it be syncing to that by default, without needing folder redirection?

0 Kudos