VMware Horizon Community
dovascz
Contributor
Contributor

Persona management 7.1

Hello guys,

We have started to use horizon 7.1 with persona management on w2016 desktop experience. Sometimes (mainly in morning) many users have the issue with login into virtual PC. They can see the status "Please Wait For The User Profile Service" for over 10mins and after this time I can see that the system created new profile (without reading of profile from fileserver where the user profiles are located) - f.e. profile is OST and in c:\users I see OST.domain. After one or two hours, sudenly, everything is OK and the login into system is in 10sec. Does somebody have any experiences with this problem? I read some articles about forefront or TrendMicro, but same behaiviour without these.

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mhampto
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Is there any further information in the Persona logs at the same time the issue is occurring?

0 Kudos
kevinpower
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hello,

Did you checked the persona logging? it sounds like problems with security rights.

0 Kudos
h3nkY
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

There are limitations on Persona with user session.

1. Persona doesn't support multiple user sessions in the same machine. The machine can only have 1 user session at the same time.

2. Persona doesn't support multiple login for the user. The same user can't login to multiple machine at the same time.

Is your environment like one of these?

0 Kudos