VMware Horizon Community
tgrwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Persona Slow Login

We have been using Persona for several years.  There has always been an issue with login times.  The issue does not happen immediately.  When I create a new user profile, login times are great.  Over time, the login time increases.  Typically after about 3 months, the login time increases from 10 seconds to 10 minutes (no exaggeration).  My only recourse is typically to redo the profile.  This takes anywhere from 30 - 45 minutes when all is done.  I did a test also.  On a user's profile, I moved the NTUSER.DAT file out of their profile.  The user was able to login almost immediately, but all settings needed to be redone and it ended up being almost as time consuming as a full profile rebuild.  Is there anything at all that can be done to prevent these increased login times? Clients are Windows 10.  Horizon 7.13

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
vBritinUSA
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Yeah, Persona management bloats over time as the %AppData% grows.

You should consider using DEM, DEM is everything that persona does but allows you to filter out things you want to keep...or not.

Its a small agent foot print with a huge impact and control over the user persona.

A great start is to look at this.

Dynamic Environment Manager Activity Path | VMware

Lots of help here also

Please mark helpful or correct if my answer resolved your issue.
0 Kudos
tgrwa
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

We are moving to that, unfortunately it is going slowly mostly because of Microsoft issues (we are "upgrading" OS of the Clients).  In the meantime, I need to deal with either redoing profiles or hopefully finding a solution.  I found it interesting that by deleting the NTUSER.DAT and redoing settings that the issue also kind of reset, even though all the sync files in the profile remained.  I will let it be known that I am not an IT guy. Small business owner that has to learn all aspects on the fly.  I am looking forward to DEM, hopefully it makes one headache go away.

0 Kudos