VMware Horizon Community
bradstaenglen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Persona Management

We are having some issues with Persona Management in our environment. We have a file server setup on a VM running windows server 2008 r2 that is hosting a share > Persona. In View we have 2 pools of about 15 linked clones where Persona Management is setup Locally to have the path go to \\server\persona\%username%

Our issue is that all of our users wrote to the share, but now only half are still backing up. Is there any set of permissions that should be done on our server? the share?

Any Ideas?

Thanks everyone

-Brad

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
chulerico
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

on my setup I did the following

root folder (hidden)

- share permission (authenticated users = FULL  Control)

- ntfs    perissions  (This Folder only with check boxes on Traverse/execute - List folder - Read att. - Read Extend - and Read Permissions

user folder inside root folder    

- share none

- ntfs permissions ( user has FULL Control and owner (profile requires ownership)

also on the group policy I added the administrators group to the profile, so they can also see the content when the profile gets created.

don't really like to ever use everyones permission.

have a nice day.

Sam

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
bradstaenglen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thanks abhir but I already have Persona Management setup. I am just looking for more clarifications or maybe some best practices for Permissions as I have 15 out of 30 users not backing up.

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

When you say backing up do you mean they are not syncing?    You can enable persona logging from the same GPO you used to enable Persona.   

bradstaenglen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yeah they are not Synching, sorry for that. Enabling logging is going to tell me why it's failing eh? Makes sense. We have an IP issue at the moment so I cannot recompose and test but are there any permissions I should check ahead of time to see if that alleviates the issue

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

My root folder of my profile share has everyone permissions and then of course under that each user has their own folder where they are the only people with permissions.   They also have to be owners of their folders/files.     

bradstaenglen
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Awesome mittim, I found a few of my users weren't owners of their folders! I don't know how that happened. Do you define Everyone under advanced sharing, or do you do it under the regular NTFS permissions?

0 Kudos
chulerico
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

on my setup I did the following

root folder (hidden)

- share permission (authenticated users = FULL  Control)

- ntfs    perissions  (This Folder only with check boxes on Traverse/execute - List folder - Read att. - Read Extend - and Read Permissions

user folder inside root folder    

- share none

- ntfs permissions ( user has FULL Control and owner (profile requires ownership)

also on the group policy I added the administrators group to the profile, so they can also see the content when the profile gets created.

don't really like to ever use everyones permission.

have a nice day.

Sam

0 Kudos