VMware Horizon Community
wickid
Contributor
Contributor

Persona Management creating multiple profile folders

Hello,

I have setup Persona Management in my previous environment and things worked correctly.  I recently switched to a new organization and am again trying to setup Persona Management with View 5.0 and things are not working as smoothly as I recall from my last environment.  Here is the issue:

When a user logs into a View VM, I can see profiles being created on the network share for Persona Management.  The issue is I am seeing two directories being created now....a username and a username.v2 directory.  All of our VMs are running WIndows 7 and in my past environment only the Username.v2 directory was being created.

When I log in to a View VM and make changes to the desktop or configuration changes to Internet Explorer and log out of the VM and into another floating VM in the pool none of my configuration changes are saved.

Anyone experienced this in the past or have any ideas as to how to resolve this?  The only difference between this environment and my previous one was this organization is not on View 5.0.1 and my last place was.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
wickid
Contributor
Contributor

In looking at my notes from my old environment to my new one, I noticed that the Folder Redirection is what is causing the username directory to appear in the location of the same location as the v2 profile directory.  In my old environment I had pointed it to a different location.  In disabling folder redirection today I was able to get changes to stick from VDI to VDI with persona management.  Not sure what the issue is but will continue to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos