VMware Horizon Community
runitsaaron
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Persona Management and Folder Redirection

For the life of me, I can't get this working right.  I have a few different OU's.  One in a user OU and one has Group A and one has Group B.  Group B has folder redirection setup through MS's Group Policy, Group A doesn't have any folder redirection, which is the way I want it.  So I have 2 OU's for computers, one Group P is physical comptuers and Group V is virtual computers.  For Group V, I have persona management enabled.  I want it so that everyone in Group B is always using folder redirection setup through MS since people sometimes hop between physical and virtual.  When they use a physical computer, they get the redirected folders from the MS group policy. 

When they're on a virtual computer (Group V), it's using Persona Management, and not redirecting to the MS group policy that's setup for the user.  I have one user that's taking 15 minutes to log into a virtual computer because of all of the stuff being downloaded to his desktop every time.  These are for linked clone desktops.  Group A I don't use folder redirection, and the virtual machines they hop onto don't have Persona Management installed on it, so I don't care about them.  Hopefully this makes sense.  These are the folders I'm trying to redirect:

Desktop

My Documents

My Music

My Videos

My Pictures

The documentation on how to make it work so that MS folder redirection always takes priority is a little confusing.  Now I have some people with an MS folder redirected, and also have different files through Persona Management on the desktop folder in there.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

If you want to use Microsoft folder redirection then simply don't configure the folder redirection in the VIew Persona GPO.    Then all you have to do is make sure your GPO that contains the Microsoft folder redirection is applied to the OU correctly and you are good to go.

0 Kudos