VMware Horizon Community
newbhere
Contributor
Contributor

Persona Management, add additional folder to all profiles for all users.

Hello,

I am fairly new to persona management, but was wondering if it is possible to add any custom folders to all user profiles?  It is for an application installed on all the desktops that pulls configs from the users appdata/roaming folder within their profile.  What I need is for the profile we have preconfigured to automatically be placed there for any existing and new user logging in.  Since we use persona management and not off of the local default profile.  I was wondering if this was possible.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
bradstaenglen
Contributor
Contributor

Hi newbhere,

I was wondering, do you need the preconfigured profile to be placed on each users desktop or in each users appdata/roaming folder.

If this is for the desktop, I would say on your master image you can place the profile in C:\users\public\public desktop (assuming you have win7) and this should populate to every users desktop after you recompose. Persona Management would then back that up per user.

-Brad

0 Kudos
pizaro
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

i think you could achieve this by customizing a group policy object configuration within AD...check page 17 of the view persona mgmt guide: http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/view/VMware-View-Persona-Management-Deployment-Guide.pdf 

the 'files & folders to preload' config should address your need.

HTH

-wen

twitter: @wensteryu

blog: www.supersonicdog.com

0 Kudos