VMware Horizon Community
HendersonD
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Persona Management, Unidesk, ProfileUnity, other choices?

We are running a pilot of View 5 in anticipation of moving into production this summer. So far:

- We have not tried out View 5 Persona management

- We have layered on Unidesk in our pilot and are impressed with its capabilities

- We have read through the Profile Unity manual but have not given it a try

Any comments on these products? Other similar products?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

We use View 5 Persona on our floating pools and then have a manual pool that we utilize Unidesk in.  I have had good experiences with both products and there were definite use cases for both in our environment.

Awhile back I did some limited testing with Profule Unity and thought it was a good product for the price.   

0 Kudos
HendersonD
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

We are a K-12 public school district and our thought was to use View 5 persona management for students and Unidesk for staff. The Unidesk product seems to meet all of our requirements for adults on campus.

Would Persona Mangement at least give students some level of profile management? I was thinking of things like a student places a file or shortcut on their desktop, a shortcut in the task bar, changes their background, etc. We do have home directories for all students to save their work in but occasionally they forget and save something to the desktop.

Since you are using Unidesk in production, how is it working for you?

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I would try to use something like folder redirection for stuff saved to the desktop.  It will definitley handle background changes.  

0 Kudos