VMware Horizon Community
pvevers
Contributor
Contributor

Persona Management Query

I'm just looking to ask a quick question in case anyone can point out something obvious I might be missing. Having added a new VMWare instance in a 3rd site, I've also added an additional file server in that 3rd site to which user's roaming profiles are DFS replicated. The DFS replication between the 3 file servers works fine.

The issue is that when logged onto linked clone desktops in the new 3rd site, changes made on those desktops are not replicated back to the new file server. This works fine from the linked clone desktops in the other 2 sites to their respective file servers. The local GP settings on the linked clone desktops in the 3rd site are identical to those in the other 2 sites. The differences involved are that the additional file server is a Windows 2012 R2, whereas the file servers in the other 2 sites are both 2008 R2, the View instance is 6.0 rather than 5.2, and the View Agent on the linked clones is 5.3.1 rather than 5.2.0. If there isn't an obvious error I've made, I will scrub the 3rd file server, and put a 2008 R2 server in its place.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
dales123
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Is the idea of your set up to allow users to login to a site and get a locally replicated copy of their profile within their vdi instance. If so this isn't supported and causes file locking issues are there any DFS logs in the event viewer on the non replicating node that might provide any pointers?

Kind Regards Dale VCP3+5
0 Kudos
pvevers
Contributor
Contributor

I think the explanation for the issue I am having I've actually answered myself. Further digging has produced a KB article confirming that Windows 2012 is not supported for the purpose of Persona Management so that may be the crux of the problem.

0 Kudos