VMware Horizon Community
MasterKic
Contributor
Contributor

Persona Folder Questions

Hi guys,

I'm troubleshooting View Persona sync problem and I have a question about what i'm seeing in the log file of one of our user. The user was deleting some Internet Favorites, then after a logout/login of his session, the deleted items was getting back in its local roaming profile. I enabled full debug persona log on his computer. Below is the section I'm not understanding (i replace the confidential information with "star * symbol") :

[0][**Date**][VMWMoveFile               ] Failed Moving File: Source \\?\UNC\*****\***\Roaming\*user*.V2\{d24f2895-651a-40cc-8e5c-c037b9994104}\AppData\Roaming\Druide\An..., Destination \\*****\***\Roaming\*user*.V2\AppData\Roaming\Druide\Antidote\ConfigurationMenuAntidote, 0xD0000022

This line says that Persona failed moving one file. That's ok, I saw that the security on the folder aren't set correctly so that's probably with it is failing.

My question is why is there some folder automatically created in the sub folder "V2" of the user. Like you can see in the source there is a folder created with a long string of caracter "d24f2895-651a-40cc-8e5c-c037b9994104", then we have the appdata folder of Windows. These folders/files seems to be a duplicate of the profile. I dont understand why I have these folders on some of our users in our organisation. I verified and some other users have this same string ID and some other users have another ID while other doesn't have any kind of this duplicate profile. 

I also dont understand why the security in the source are correctly set while the destination one aren't. The security set on the folder aren't been changed manually so I can only suspect that Persona is doing wrong his job about recreating folder. 

Many thanks to anyone who can answer partially or entirely these questions.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Carlos009
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I am experiencing the same issue in regards to the duplicate AppData folder. Have you received any assistance on this?

0 Kudos
MasterKic
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Carlos009,

I'm pleased to see that i'm not alone with this issue, but i'm sorry I had no clues or any help on this issue. Since this problem isn't causing that much trouble for us since this event, I didn't asked the question to an engineer from Vmware. If you finally have the answer someday, I'm still interessting to have the explaination of this, Thanks.

0 Kudos
Carlos009
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have also noticed that the same same folder name, {d24f2895-651a-40cc-8e5c-c037b9994104} is the one that houses the duplicate appdata information.

0 Kudos
oscarparra
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I am experiencing the same issue to the duplicate AppData folder.

Oscar Parra

Fotografo profesional

0 Kudos
Carlos009
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I needed to mention that the existing file server setup is as followed:

ViewRepository folder

Inside the ViewRepository folder is the Redirected folder

All the permissions and shares are the same for both folders.

ViewRepository Share attributes:    

Everyone - Read

Domain Users - Change, Read (possible problem? Full needed?)

ViewRepository Security (NTFS) attributes

Creator owner- full - subfolders and files only

Authenticated Users - Full - This folder, subfolders and files

System - Full - This folder, subfolders and files

Domain Admins - Full - This folder, subfolders and files

Domain Users - Traverse folder/execue file, List folder/ read data, Read attributes, Read extended attribute

Administrators - full - This folder, subfolders and files

The file server is Windows 2008R2. The possible problem i may be seeing is that the Redirected folder is in the ViewRepository folder. Those permissions might be fighting each other. I have created another file server with the same permissions (Windows 2012R2 server). The folders are not in each other (ViewRepository) and (Redirected) and i have not experienced a duplicate appdata issue.

I originally thought that our EMR (Electronic Medical Record) appplication was causeing this as it does not work well with VMware.

Anymore hought?

0 Kudos