VMware Horizon Community
ralfa
Contributor
Contributor

Persitent Pool - after restarting, locally installed software is no longer present

Hello,

I have created an "Automated Desktop Pool" with "Full Virtual Machines" from a template. The User Assignment is "Dedicated" with "Enable Automatic Assignment".

If software is installed in these VMs, it will no longer be present after a reboot. Why?
What is the reason?

Thanks,
Ralf

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Valeriy87
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

If you use Automated Desktop Pool that contains Full Virtual Machines and assign to dedicated users, all installed software will be available for users. Are you sure that this VM is the same? What are applications disappearing? Do you use App Volumes or Microsoft SCCM?

0 Kudos
ralfa
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

yes, I'm using Automated Desktop Pool that contains Full Virtual Machines and assign to dedicated users.
Users can install software in the VMs themselves. However, this is no longer available after a restart.
Regardless of which software the users install

For example: WinSCP

Also a folder that is set to C:\ is no longer present after the VM is restarted.

Thanks
Ralf

0 Kudos
bjohn
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

What's Delete machine on logoff set to?

0 Kudos
ralfa
Contributor
Contributor

I haven't set any settings that should delete something after a shutdown or restart.
I read everywhere that full clones can be used for "local" installation.
I would like to provide the development team with VMs on which they can install software (Visual Studio, Anaconda...).
I can't install the software into the Golden Image because extensions are still being installed. for this reason, App Volumes installation is out of the question. Developers must be able to add software at any time.

0 Kudos