VMware Horizon Community
peetey100
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Persistent Disk

hello

I'm looking at implementing a simple user profile setup we have a handful of staff using the same dedicated linked clones each day like using a stationary PC. I've inherited a system from the previous IT chap and he has setup persona (with redirected files enabled) with persistent disks? I'm not sure if this seems like a normal setup?

Also I'm not sure in which scenario persistent disk should be used?

thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
peetey100
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Also I have been playing away with persistent disks and have noticed something unusual - if logging in as user to say virtualmachine1 and then using horizon administrator to assign user to virtualmachine2 when I login in to the new machine - the data on the persistent disk from previous machine appears on the new machine. is this normal? I can't see this type of roaming in any documents?

thanks very much in advance

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
peetey100
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Also I have been playing away with persistent disks and have noticed something unusual - if logging in as user to say virtualmachine1 and then using horizon administrator to assign user to virtualmachine2 when I login in to the new machine - the data on the persistent disk from previous machine appears on the new machine. is this normal? I can't see this type of roaming in any documents?

thanks very much in advance

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos