VMware Horizon Community
jkroeger
Contributor
Contributor

Persistend Pool with User Disk

Hey all,

i have some problem to create a new persistend pool with a seperate user disk in my view environment.

When i create a new pool (persistend) with a 2GB user disk the creating of the pool (linked clone) get failed after

he create the virt. machines.

First error message in the admin console: View Composer agent initialization state error (6): Unknown failure (waited 0 seconds

after i had login as a user first time, in the admin console this error apear:

"View Composer agent user login error (2): Failed to redirect profiles director"

When i check the machine over my vmware vsphere, the user disk is created succesfully. So why does the error apear?

After i had succesfully login to my virt. XP the first time - disconnet the user - an try to reconnect to the machine, there is

no source avaible. This happens only on a pool who is configured as a persistend (with user disk) pool.

i create several non-persistend and persistend without user disks with no errors. i can also reconnect to the source without

an error.

In the admin console of the vmware view i see serveral errors when a user logged off his virt. machine.

WARN: Old client detected: ChunkVersion = 0; latest = 1

and also

Conveyor: 1 IOException Remote address is null: An existing connection was closed by the remote host.

after that, the user can't reconnect to his source.

Installation:

3x ESX with vSphere 4 Update 1

VIEW 4.0.1 with new Agents (build:233023)

thanks for your help!

jan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TShoun
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

It shoulds like a View Composer issue. Have you verifed that Composer is installed on the VCenter server and that the service is running? Have you gone under settings in the View admin page and verified that it is able to communicate with it? Have you verifed that the View client is installed on the VM that you are taking a snapshot of and using for the pool?

0 Kudos
dquintana
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Hello,

Can you post the entire log(please remove the sensible data)

Regards/Saludos

Por favor no olvides calificar las respuestas que te resultaron de ayuda o fueron correctas.

Please, don't forget the awarding points for "helpful" and/or "correct" answers.

Ing. Diego Quintana

VCP 410- VCP 310 - VAC - VTSP

My Linkedin Profile

Join to Virtualizacion en Español group in Likedin

!http://feeds.feedburner.com/WetcomGroup.1.gif!

Ing. Diego Quintana - VMware Communities Moderator - Co Founder & CEO at Wetcom Group - vEXPERT From 2010 to 2020- VCP, VSP, VTSP, VAC - Twitter: @daquintana - Blog: http://www.wetcom.com-blog & http://www.diegoquintana.net - Enjoy the vmware communities !!!

0 Kudos
jkroeger
Contributor
Contributor

Good Morning,

the composer service are running correctly on the vCenter Server. I'm able to communicate

with the service. I can create VMs (linked clone) as a persistend pool (without user disks).

so i thing, the composer work correctly.

this issue only apear when i try to create a pool of persistent vms with user disk.

@dquintana: which logs to you mean? c:\windows\system32 ?

thanks for your help!

regards,

jan

0 Kudos