VMware Horizon Community
coligher
Contributor
Contributor

Partially off-topic: Different settings for different thin clients -- wnos.ini and Include=$mac

I realize this is partially off-topic, but this is the only place I could find anyone discussing Wyse terminals... hopefully this is OK.

We use VDI with VDM as the connection broker and Wyse V10L thin clients running WTOS. The entire system has been working very well and our wnos.ini is fairly customized.

However, I now need to configure one thin client differently from all of the others. I have included the line Include=$mac in my wnos.ini file, and verified that the thin client is indeed pulling the mac-address file. However, when I set a parameter in the include file, I need to know if it will trump the same command in the wnos.ini file. Here's what I'm doing:

The normal clients have the DualHead=yes paramater set. They are working fine, and a terminal fresh out of the box will reconfigure itself with one reboot.

The new client I need to add needs to be single-monitor, so I set DualHead=no in the mac-address include file. The terminal picks up the command and reboots just as normal, but then it gets stuck in a reboot loop. If I rename the mac=address include so it can't be found, the loop ends and the terminal boots up in dual head mode (with 1 monitor, which is a problem).

There is precious little explanation of the Include=$mac option in the WYSE documentation, so I was hoping someone here had some insight. Is there a specific order of operations that needs to be adhered to?

Thanks,

Chris Oligher

Network Administrator

Cochrane & Company

0 Kudos
3 Replies
sgrinker
Hot Shot
Hot Shot

Chris

For future reference, you may want to check out for additional WYSE forums, but as you noted there has been a lot of WYSE information posted here in the past as well. We are actually making use of Wyse Device Manager and Default Device Configurations for multiple configuration types, so unfortunately I cannot speak to the include file order of operations. I know Massimo has some experience with this, so hopefully either he or one of the others out there can step in to assist.

Thanks

Steve

alecprior
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The only way i found to get round the dualhead reboot loop is to create INC files for all the terminals and specify dualhead=yes/no for all of them, and remove the setting from the master wnos.ini

coligher
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks! I figured that might be it but hadn't tried it yet since it is going to be a pretty large project. I will start creating the .inc files for each machine.

Additionally, do you know if there is any specific order commands like to be organized in the wnos.ini? I have moved the Include statement all around the file and it doesn't seem to make a difference, but I would imagine that the end of the file is better.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Kudos