VMware Horizon Community
gunnarb
Expert
Expert

PCoverIP Terminal

Just wondering if anyone has been looking for terminals that support PC over IP. I spoke to my Wyse rep and what I found out is that VMware hasn't released the APIs yet for PCoIP so they have their hands tied. The other problem they foresee is that the Wyse V10L (the terminal I was hoping to use) only has an 800Mhz processor and PCoverIP protocol requires a 1Ghz processor.

Just wanting to start a decision on terminals and PC over IP, feel free to join.

-Gunnar

Gunnar Berger http://www.gunnarberger.com http://www.endusercomputing.com
0 Kudos
164 Replies
cookieme
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Wyse P20 is now available in Sweden from Dustin.se for ~£400 ex. VAT. I still haven't been able to find where to get the Samsung PCoIP monitors.

Does anyone know where I can get the Samsung whether it be in Sweden or elsewhere in Europe?

Thanks

0 Kudos
cookieme
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

The Wyse P20 is now available in Sweden from Dustin.se for ~£400 ex. VAT. I still haven't been able to find where to get the Samsung PCoIP monitors.

Does anyone know where I can get the Samsung whether it be in Sweden or elsewhere in Europe?

Thanks

0 Kudos
cookieme
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry for the multiple posts. Some hiccup with the forums.

0 Kudos
SWCS833
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Samsung's new units are the NC190 and NC240, they should be available now or very soon. Do a google search to see if you can find any or contact one of your vendors that resells Samsung.

0 Kudos
cookieme
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Samsung's new units are the NC190 and NC240, they should be available now or very soon. Do a google search to see if you can find any or contact one of your vendors that resells Samsung.

Hi Defiant365! I can't find either the NC190 or NC240 on Samsung's site. It's as if the Samsung PCoIP monitors have "vanished". Are the product names the same in the US and Europe?

Thanks

0 Kudos
SWCS833
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yeah, its not listed on their site yet. They pulled their current one ND930(?) to get ready for launching the new NCs.

0 Kudos
cookieme
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll have to wait until they are released and available here in Sweden.

0 Kudos
cookieme
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Update: The new Samsung PCoIP monitors have reappeared on Samsung's website http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/office/monitors/specialty/LF19PPBCBNA/ZA/index.idx?pagetype=prd_d...

I contacted Samsung in Sweden and they told me that they have no information on whether they will be available here.

Anyone living in Europe been in touch with their Samsung reseller and heard anything about these monitors?

0 Kudos
SWCS833
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Well whats even more interesting is this Thin Client Monitor with WES

http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/office/monitors/specialty/index.idx?pagetype=subtype

I had no idea Samsung was looking at doing this, very interesting.

0 Kudos
Stu_Robinson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi Guys,

ISEurope just finished today in Amsterdam. Samsung launched the NC240 and NC190 at a press conference at the show earlier this week. I have uploaded some brief video's from the ISEurope show (search PCoIP Display on Youtube) - make sure you pick the English one (unless you want to see the Korean or Russian versions). Samsung EU just did the intro for their regional teams this week. You should be able to get info from Samsung EU or their resellers shortly.

Cheers,

Stu (srobinson@teradici.com)

0 Kudos
SamsungPCoIP
Contributor
Contributor

Great to know were in the loop over here!!

Do you know what the Europe show was all about?

Regards,

Marco Nalli

0 Kudos
NC240Samsung
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

NC190 and NC240 Zero Client screens are availbale for ordering. Contact Samsung local resellers.

Regards

0 Kudos
cozden
Contributor
Contributor

Is there any way to connect over pcoverip to vmware view 4 on windows ce 5.0 embaded hp t5520 thinclient.

0 Kudos
hmartin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If you can install the View 4 Client software on the device, then yes.

0 Kudos
cozden
Contributor
Contributor

Our thinclients ce 5.0 embaded and I try to install a client software on hp website http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=tr&cc=tr&prodTypeId=12...

But Its not working.In my opinion view 4 cant support t5520 CE embaded terminal or this software is not correct.

If I cant found a software for connection PC over IP supported I must use RDP for connection.

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Unfortuantly, we do not provide a native VMware View client for CE based devices. Integration is handled using our API so RDP is the only option.

WP

0 Kudos
cozden
Contributor
Contributor

If vmware can make a API integration (if its possible)maybe we can open a support case to vmware directly?Can you tell me the possibility?

Our thinclients =hp t5520 CE Embaded

0 Kudos
admin
Immortal
Immortal

There is not a native PCoIP client for CE so the API will not help. We also do not have a Native View Client for CE. CE devices are enabled by partners that uses an API to provide the most basic connectivity using RDP.

WP

0 Kudos
gunnarb
Expert
Expert

Okay, I'm not sure if I have said anything about this yet but I was sent both a Wyse P20 and a Dell FX100 PCoIP terminal to demo. I just want to say that these two terminals are pretty much identical. I asked Wyse what makes their terminal better than the FX100 and the only answer I got was Wyse Support (which I agree is superior to Dell's) and that the P20 has 128MB of RAM verse the 64MB in the FX100.

Can anyone tell me how having more RAM in a PCoIP terminal makes any difference? My best price on the P20 is around $460, I can get the FX100 for $400 multiple that by 100 terminals and you have a significant difference.

Also, the Dell terminal has a physical on off switch that I like. I just want to know what everyone thinks about the extra RAM, worth it?

-Gunnar

Gunnar Berger http://www.gunnarberger.com http://www.endusercomputing.com
0 Kudos
hmartin
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

See below from another post of mine. I think it will answer your question (bottom line: it's all about resolution). We asked Wyse the same question, given the demise of TCX with PCoIP. We also found that we can use devices from multiple vendors that have the Teradici CPU and manage them all exactly the same via the Teradici Management Console appliance. Hopefully, this means that Teradici-based devices will come down in price.

=======================

Good information from Teradici on the importance / function of memory (RAM) in PCoIP hardware clients. Note that nc190 and nc240 refer to Samsung PCoIP monitors:

64mb is only needed on nc190 as screen Res is 1280x1024. Even if the second display you plug in is 1920x1080 the memory is more than enough. Only when the panel is 1920x1080 dual capable do we need 128mb like on the nc240. The Wyse product is external so they could plug in any Res display. Remember nc190 is first display panel res of 1280x1024 and second display capable of uptown 1920x1080 (really 1920x1200) if we put 128mb on nc190 it wouldn't add or change functionality, the extra memory wouldn't get used. As An fyi this memory is used for pcoip processing it doesn't get used for making the host graphics better or worse. The host system assigns memory for graphics the monitor side memory is there to support the resolution supported on the panel and any optional dual/second display.

0 Kudos