VMware Horizon Community
GranvilleCRC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PCoIP zero-client does not display Horizon View Client window for one (and only one) user

The zero-client is a Samsung NC241 via Teradici Tera 2. My user has 3 virtual desktops assigned;  current SOE with WinXP, a specific IT WinXP and a test for upcoming Win7. When I log into the View Client I am automatically connected to the WinXP for IT, by-passing the window that usually lists all available virtual PCs. This happens on all terminals I have tried. Other users, even if logging on to the same terminal, are given the option to select a virtual PC even if they only have a choice of one!

I have checked the setting for the virtual PCs in the Teradici PCoIP Management Console and also the user settings under the VMware Horizon View Administrator but cannot find where my user and desktop setups differ from the ones that work “properly”.

Is anyone able to suggest what I need to be looking for?

TIA

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GranvilleCRC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, Stu, for your input.

I happened on the solution after following through with your suggestion above. I used the client on a Windows PC then, after logging on I clicked the "Options" on the VMwareView Client session bar and cleared check against "Autoconnect to this Desktop". We do have the option "Enable Auto Reconnect" set to false so I am unsure why that followed me.

But the good news is that it worked!

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Stu_Robinson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Tia / GranvilleCRS,

It sounds like the client may have a auto-login configured.  However, my team would be able to dig into this with you to confirm - we'll need logs from the zero client and the associated pcoip-server logs from the VM being connected to (WinXP for IT).

Note that the PCoIP Management Console typically only configures parameters that are explicitly set.  So there could be a difference in configuration between clients.

Can you open a ticket at techsupport.teradici.com and provide the logs and someone from my team will get back to you.

Thanks,
Stuart Robinson,

Director of Systems Engineering

Teradici Corporation

0 Kudos
GranvilleCRC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Stu,

Thank you for the offer. I have passed this on to the team leader for his consideration.

I am a contractor and do not have any authority.

Regards,

Granville

0 Kudos
Stu_Robinson
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Granville,

Thanks for letting me know, I look forward to getting more details from the team leader.  One thing you could check is to go to the Administrative Web Interface for the zero client and check the settings:

1. Put the zero client IP address in a browser
  2. Enter the password (if one was configured).
  3. From the Configuration tab select Session
  4. Check the Session Connection Type - it should be set to "View Connection Server"
  5. Click Show Advanced Options
  6. Ensure the Desktop Name to Select is blank.
  7. If the Session Connection Type is set to "View Connection Server + Auto-Logon" then the zero client would operate in the way you describe.  The Auto-login option allows configuring a Logon Username/Password and optionally a Desktop Name to Select.

I would recommend reviewing the setting for "Auto Launch if Only One Desktop" is set.  However, the auto-launch should only occur if there is only one desktop configured for the user.  If you have multiple set, then it should show the desktop selection screen.

Final note, you can find more information on the Teradici support site techsupport.teradici.com, it is free to register and you can open a ticket as well.  If we can review the logs, we could see what might be happening.

I hope this helps,

Stu

ZeroClient_Session.JPG

GranvilleCRC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi Stu,

I have checked that all setting are as you recommend and can confirm they are.

I am more convinced that the issue isn't woth either the hardware or the Teradici side but either my user or (most like) something iin the desktop itself. I am basing this on:

• the same thing happens if I log on to a different terminal, even if on a different VLAN
  • it does not happen to any other user (that I have tested) on this or any other terminal, they all get a choice of desktop even it is only a choice of one
  • if I make the "IT WinXP" virtual machine unavailable I get to choose between either of the other two desktops I currently have setup
  • I have tried with the "Auto Launch if Only One Desktop" both checked and unchecked

In the meantime I will try to get holfd of the logs and either open the ticket myself or get the team leader to do so today. I will also setup myself on your tech web site and see what I can find.

Thanks again, your input is much appreciated.

Granville.

0 Kudos
GranvilleCRC
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Thank you, Stu, for your input.

I happened on the solution after following through with your suggestion above. I used the client on a Windows PC then, after logging on I clicked the "Options" on the VMwareView Client session bar and cleared check against "Autoconnect to this Desktop". We do have the option "Enable Auto Reconnect" set to false so I am unsure why that followed me.

But the good news is that it worked!

0 Kudos