VMware Horizon Community
scnguye2
Contributor
Contributor

PCoIP with Cisco NAC-port

Hello all,

I would like to know all of the (REQUIRED) port # that I need to open in order to use PCoIP with a NAC-port

i.e.

HTTPS = 443

RDP = 3389

UDP = ???

Thank you,

Sang

0 Kudos
3 Replies
cpacholke
Contributor
Contributor

To build on this question, we also need to know what all the client on the untrusted side (NACd port) needs to communicate to and on what ports. In the vmware document on PCOIP it states that it uses TCP and UDP 50002.

Now is this what it initiates the session to the VCM on and then hands off to the actual VM or once it negotiates security via the VCM does it initiate comms on a different port between the actual client and the VM much like using direct connect does?

0 Kudos
rosspcs
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

between the client and VM you will need 50002 , between the view connection broker and the client , 80,443,4001

0 Kudos
cpacholke
Contributor
Contributor

Interesting enough, this still doesn't work. While sniffing the traffic, we see the client authenticating to the broker which then hands off to the actual VM. The VM and the local client talk back and forth for a few seconds (screen still black) and then times out the connection. Wireshark shows the communication over ports 50002, both TCP and UDP successfully but then right before it dies, it returns an error that the client can not access the remote session via ICMP and dies. For testing purposes we've opened up ICMP also to the entire subnet the VM is on but still no joy. Outside of the View client, for testing purposes, we pinged the same address with full success.

Any other clues or suggestions? btw... we never see any traffic going over 4001 between the broker and client. Only 443

0 Kudos