VMware Horizon Community
pieterjanheyse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PCoIP tuning depending on Connection Server

I would like to change some PCoIP parameters (especially max. session bandwith to 1mbit/s) depeding on the connection server a user is coming from. Is this possible using some kind of logon script?

If not, how would you advise me to make sure that our WAN link does not get congested? Tuning PCoIP parameters, capping the maximum bandwidth of 1 session makes sure that one user does not fill up the entire link, but can you limit the number of sessions through the connection server, balancing the number of users vs. capacitry, for example, 400kbits/session on average, 10mbits/sec WAN link, limit to 20 users (8mbit+overhead)? The 21st user should get an error, stating that maximum user capacity has been reached. This way 20 users get a good experience, instead of more users, but all get a bad experience.

Our desktop OS is windwos 7, 32bit. I am running 2 connection servers, an internal and an external.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal

I know this isn't exactly what you are asking for but have you seen the PCOIP Configuration utility.   It allows the user to change their PCOIP paramters via a utility.   Maybe it can hep you out.

http://mindfluxinc.net/?p=399

0 Kudos
pieterjanheyse
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Yes, I have seen it and it works nice, for me, the administrator, but it cannot be used for our users since they do not want to relogin to change PCoIP parameters. OTOH, I don't think it's wise to let my users decide about the bandwidth they get, so I really need to enforce the policy, not let them choose.

Nevertheless, that utility is really nice Smiley Happy

0 Kudos