VMware Horizon Community
caddo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PCoIP partially refreshing Java rendered window

Hi,

this behavior has been observed mainly with Lotus Notes 8.5: when users skip from one email to another they have the body of the email refreshed (meaning they are shown the next email) but sometimes the upper part indicating sender and receiver information is not refreshed.

I have read in the past that this behavior can occur with software installed in Windows that uses Java engine for rendering; i remeber that a person had the same problem with a client side of an Oracle ERP and he managed to run the client software with some java.exe flags eventually forcing it to render windows with a different engine. Unfortunately i cannot find reference to that specific problem anymore.

The problem doesn't seem to show up if the application written in java is used inside a browser (apparently those use a differend engine for rendering)

I was wondering if any of you experience the same problem and how did you work your way around it, if you managed to.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
swica
Contributor
Contributor

hi caddo

we habe similar problems with a java application over pcoip/vmware view. some times, parts of the next application-windows are not refreshed immediatly - after 1-3 seconds later the are also refreshed.

we have played around with some java parameters, but with no success. still looking for a solution.

here are the parameters:

-Dsun.java2d.noddraw=true

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=false

-Dsun.java2d.d3d=true

-Dsun.java2d.ddoffscreen=false

-Dsun.java2d.translaccel=false

regards, sascha

0 Kudos
caddo
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Thank you for your contribution swica.