VMware Horizon Community
prutter
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PCoIP issues

We are starting to test more and more desktops adn i have an odd issue with PCoIP. For whatever reason when a VM is updated (for any reason) and a reboot is needed, the next time the VM is accessed by the user they get an error (see attachment below) that says the protocol is blocked by the firewall. We have no firewalls turned on at all. If i try multople times i get the same error however, when i change it to RDP and log in, then log off, and then log back in with the PCoIP protocol it works just fine. This is more an annoyance than anything but the users won't put up with it. Any ideas??

Running View 4.0.1 build-233023 on vsphere 4 U2

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Slushy
Contributor
Contributor

Greetings Prutter.

Contact Teradici support at support@teradici.com and they will be able to help you with this.

0 Kudos
grossag
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

This is the View Agent being paranoid. It tries to query firewall information from Windows to determine whether PCoIP will be blocked. However, Windows tends to take a few minutes until it will tell us the firewall status and until we can get status, we assume that it is blocked. 4.5 will have a better error message, but the core behavior will be unchanged.

0 Kudos