VMware Horizon Community
dryang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

PCoIP black screen

I know this issue was raised a lot and lots of solutions have been provided. However non of them helped me. Here is my network diagram:

view pcoip.png

1. In case with direct Static VPN to remote site everything works fine. I can connect from Thin Client (10.20.20.3) to View Server (10.10.10.2) and access VM (10.10.10.3) through both PCoIP and RDP.

2. In case when there is another router in between I can connect to View Server but when I access VM through PCoIP, I see black screen and connection breaks few seconds later. RDP works just fine.

I have followed solutions regarding the order of tools and agent installation. All ports between 10.40.40.3 and 10.10.10.2 are open.

Any suggestions on how to further troubleshoot the issue?

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RonTom42
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Since RDP is working it seems you have a problem with UDP traffic (PCOIP). You say that all ports are open. Are they open for both TCP and UPD? Does your router have some other setting that makes it throw UPD packets? Can you read logs from the router?

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
dryang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

bump

0 Kudos
RonTom42
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Since RDP is working it seems you have a problem with UDP traffic (PCOIP). You say that all ports are open. Are they open for both TCP and UPD? Does your router have some other setting that makes it throw UPD packets? Can you read logs from the router?

0 Kudos
dryang
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Yes, it turned out to be UDP. :smileyblush:

0 Kudos
King_Julien
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Hi,

Just to add another possible solution, I had the same issue once and it was that the virtual desktop had a different hour in windows settings! After correcting the the hour, we were able to connect to the desktop!

Regarsd!

0 Kudos