VMware Horizon Community
delphi2010
Contributor
Contributor

PCoIP and SSL-VPN

Just curious to see if anyone on here has utilized view in a manner that the end user had to access applications housed in a web based portal, that used an SSL-VPN? In this case it would be the pulling down a PCoIP session, then inside of there initiating an SSL-VPN session to tunnel out to a partnering companies web based portal...

0 Kudos
3 Replies
PCoIPinsider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

PCoIP protocol uses host-based rendering so if I understand your

architecture correctly, there are two separate sessions here rather than

the web session being "inside" the PCoIP session. Should work fine.

The VM has an SSL-VPN session to your partner site. The PCoIP Agent in

the VM has another session with the PCoIP client. The partner site

content is rendered in the VM, then encoded and communicated to the

client.

Possibly a similar example, I've developed a Salesforce.com app from my

VM.

Ian

delphi2010
Contributor
Contributor

Hey, thanks for the response.

Actually what we are currently doing in ACE, is raising a VM on a laptop, the user will then bring up a citrix based portal via browser, the ssl-vpn session starts from there and they can begin to use their applications that are provisioned in the portal.

So, with respect to view, if the same end user were to pull down a session via PCoIP, would they be able to initiate a web based ssl-vpn session without losing connectivity to their PCoIP session? and would this entail using multiple adapters, say one for production and one to use for external networks that require tunneling?

This is all conceptual, I am in the process of putting together a POC for View so that we can replace our ACE systems.

0 Kudos
PCoIPinsider
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Got it - A laptop client with concurrent PCoIP session and also a VPN to

portal apps? I understand that 'should' work using the same adapter.

0 Kudos