VMware Horizon Community
_Martin_
Contributor
Contributor

PCoIP: Strange display problems in Windows 7 VDI / How can I remove the Windows 7 wallpaper shown at logon screen?

Hi,

I have some strange display problems if I start a Windows 7 VDI over PCoIP from a Windows 7 Client or from inside a Citrix desktop session. Then the taskbar of the VDI is not shown but instead the taskbar of the client with some strange black blocks in it. If I hide the clients taskbar, then the VDI taskbar get visible. The VDI session I have started in full screen.
If I choose RDP, everything is fine.
If I start a VDI connection over PCoIP with two monitors I have the same problem and the second monitor is completely black.

This I have tested but did not help:
https://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=10278...

The Horizon Client version is 3.4.0 but I have the same problems with newer versions.
I hope you have any ideas for me how to fix this problem because I am not very familiar with VMware View.

And is there a way to remove the Windows 7 wallpaper which is shown at the logon screen if I connect over PCoIP?
Or is the only solution to do this over the "OEMBackground" regkey? Because I will not change it, I will remove it. If I connect over RPD then it is removed per default.

Martin

0 Kudos
0 Replies