VMware Horizon Community
mobinqasim786
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

PCoIP Session Disconnecting

Hi Guys,

I'm using Horizon View 5.3.2 and it has been working fine. I've upgraded View environment to 6.2.0 build-3005368 and left the VDI (linked clones) running on old agent 5.3.2.1887719 everything was still working as usual. Then I decided to upgrade my vCenter and ESXi environment to 6.0 which was smooth enough. I tried to connect to my VDI through PCoIP/Blast (HTML)  but it disconnects after showing black screen.

After that I checked my VDI machine VM Tools were upgraded to latest version. I removed VM Tools and also removed View Agent. Reinstalled VMTool and View agent in sequence so I can recompose VDI but the issue is still there.

I've grabbed pcoip_server logs but I can't find out what's causing the issue.

Could someone please look at the attached pcoip_server logs and see what could be reason for the PCoIP or Blast session disconnects.

Regards,

Mobin

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JavierBernal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Mobin,

The errors in the logs are like the issue described in this article VMware KB: Connecting to VMware View desktops results in a black screen

It seems the problem is an incompatibility with the graphic drivers between the old View Agent and the new VM tools. Upgrading View Agent to 6.x version can help according to the article.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Javier

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JavierBernal
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Mobin,

The errors in the logs are like the issue described in this article VMware KB: Connecting to VMware View desktops results in a black screen

It seems the problem is an incompatibility with the graphic drivers between the old View Agent and the new VM tools. Upgrading View Agent to 6.x version can help according to the article.

I hope it helps.

Cheers,

Javier

mobinqasim786
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hi Javier,

Thanks for the help. I've had a snapshot with old VMware tools installed. I reverted snapshot and recomposed pool, so now I'm able to login to VDI using PCoIP. I haven't tested View Agent 6 yet. I'll deploy a new pool using View Agent 6 and update here.

Regards,

Mobin

0 Kudos
mobinqasim786
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Just wanted to update regarding View Agent 6, so I've deployed a new Pool with View Agent 6 and everything looking good so far.

0 Kudos