VMware Horizon Community
kkitzul
Contributor
Contributor

PCoIP Error when trying to connect

I am connecting using the client running on my desktop. RDP works fine,but PCoIP gives the following error.

This desktop does not support the requested display protocol. Please contact your system administrator.

Here is what it shows up in my eventvwr on my desktop:

Log Name: Application

Source: VMware View

Date: 1/12/2010 3:20:04 PM

Event ID: 104

Task Category: VMware View

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: LEXCOM\kkitzul

Computer: ID14050.lexcom.local

Description:

desktopGetConnection (desktop-connection) response xml ERROR = failed launching desktop: com.vmware.vdi.sessionclientapi.NoServersAvailableException$NoMatchingProtocolsException: This desktop does not support the requested display protocol. Please contact your system administrator.

Has anyone experienced this yet?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
ChrisKubiak
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Have not seen that before.

I'm assuming you are connecting to a VM that is being managed by View 4 and that the VM in question has has the View 4 agent installed (missed during upgrade maybe)?

0 Kudos
randyf25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

If your default connection protocol is RDP and you do not select allow override in the pool in View Manager you will get that error.

Check that you have allowed override.

0 Kudos
kkitzul
Contributor
Contributor

I have verified allow user to override the default protocol is checked.

I reinstalled the client on my machine, now it opens up when i use PCoIP, but all i get is a black screen, after a few seconds the client just exists. RDP still works just fine.

0 Kudos
randyf25
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

So we ran into this today as well..

Are you connecting via a security server or straight into the connection server? You cannot establish a PCoIP connection via the security server. Security servers only support TCP connections and PCoIP uses UDP streaming.

This is buried in the documentation. If you connect straight to the connection server you should be just fine. RDP will continue to work.

0 Kudos
senk
Contributor
Contributor

Try changing the option to "direct connection to desktop" in the Admin UI, restart the Connection server service and try launcing the desktop using the PCoIP.

0 Kudos
kkitzul
Contributor
Contributor

No luck, I am connecting to the connection broker. And I checked off the setting for "Direct connection to desktop"

0 Kudos
jdbower
Contributor
Contributor

Sorry, I can't help directly but I've got a similar problem so hopefully new information will get the brain juices flowing. My setup:

Windows 2003 Enterprise dedicated Domain Controller (as well as DNS/DHCP)

Windows 2003 Enterprise Connection Server

Windows XP SP3 desktop running Agent

Windows XP SP3 client running VMWare Client software

No security server, all PCs are on the same network. I can ping the short name of every computer from every other computer. Firewalls all disabled. Clocks are all set the same in case that matters. The desktop is set to default to PCoIP but does allow overrides. I have "Direct connection" checked.

I can connect just fine using RDP but PCoIP gives me a "The desktop does not support the requested display protocol" message. I also get the same event message in the client PC, on the CS I get a similar message preceded by an authentication success entry. On the desktop I get a session disconnected log entry who's timestamp matches up so it appears to be getting to the desktop correctly. I have yet to get the black screen (only the protocol not supported messages) and I've done fresh installs of everything to see if that fixes things. Anything else you gurus out there can think of to check?

0 Kudos
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership

Try to follow the steps in this blogpost:

http://www.thatsmyview.net/2009/12/18/how-to-get-pcoip-with-view-4-to-work-every-time/

Best regards,

Linjo

If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
ErikErik
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I have the same problem. RDP works fine. PCOIP gives me that error.

When I disabled the firewall on the client but ALSO within the VMs it works !

Now we are trying to configure both firewalls to get it up and running properly

Erik

0 Kudos