VMware Horizon Community
etieseler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

PCoIP Desktop Blue Screens when Opening/Printing PDF from network location after installing vShield Driver

I ran into this months ago, and again this morning. Last night I re-installed the vShield driver in the View Desktops (Windows 7 32 bit on ESX 5.0) as I am deploying vShield Endpoint with Trend Micro's Deep Security product. After doing this I run into my next issue that I thought might have been resolved since last time I tried because I updated ESX and View since then, but its still a problem.

This end user typically will print PDF files from a network drive, and often, but not all the time, the desktop will get disconnected as it has Blue Screened.

Has anyone else had this issue? It only happens after installing the vShield driver with VMTools. I had to uninstall that driver to keep it from crashing.

Any help is appreciated!

Ed

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Please refer to this link - VMware KB: Windows guest using vShield driver fails with blue screen error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_A...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Linjo
Leadership
Leadership
Jump to solution

I have heard about this but quite a while back and that issues have been fixed.

Are you running the latest versions of vShield and Trend?

// Linjo

Best regards, Linjo Please follow me on twitter: @viewgeek If you find this information useful, please award points for "correct" or "helpful".
0 Kudos
etieseler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I havent even installed Trend yet. Its just the vShield driver as installed from VMTools. I have the vShield Manager Appliance installed and it is version 5.0.1-638924.  ESXi v 5.0.0, 623860.

Do you have a link to the latest downloads of vShield?

Ed

0 Kudos
jimmycmc
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

The vShield driver is not installed on my computer at present. When reading and printing PDF files from a network drive, I have never met Blue Screened problem.

0 Kudos
vcpguy
Expert
Expert
Jump to solution

Please refer to this link - VMware KB: Windows guest using vShield driver fails with blue screen error: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_A...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please don't forget to reward Points for helpful hints; answers; suggestions. My blog: http://vmwaredevotee.com
0 Kudos
etieseler
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Well this was resolved a year ago how ever that link describes the fix. I believe I received a patch from technical support that was included in a release after this happened. So if you experience this do not use the version I mentioned above, I believe I was one of the few people experiencing this that VMware worked with to acknowledge and fix the bug.