VMware Horizon Community
ArnaudIOP
Contributor
Contributor

PCoIP & Black screen

Hello everyone,
I'm testing on VMWare view and I have a problem with black screen with PCoIP.

With only the View Connection Server -> No problem

With the View Security Server (in a DMZ) with a etexternal connection -> black screen

With the View Security Server (in a DMZ) with a client in the same DMZ -> black screen

In the firewall

External -> View Security Server  : PCoIP / HTTP / HTTPS

View Security Server -> View Connection Server : ANY

View Security Server -> VM View Agent : ANY

VM View Agent ->  View Connection Server -: JMS

I try this KB : http://kb.vmware.com/selfservice/microsites/search.do?language=en_US&cmd=displayKC&externalId=102871...

Configuration :

VMware view connection server 5.1.3

VMware view agent 5.1.3 (On a Windows 7)

On the windows 7, I tried : VMware SVGA 3D and Standard VGA drivers.

The video ram is fixe at 36 Mo

Have you any idea?

Thank's

0 Kudos
6 Replies
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

Make sure you do all 3 steps here Setting up PCoIP Remote Access with View 4.6 and Newer

There's a video too in the above document which shows how to set it up to avoid the black screen when using a Security Server.

Mark

0 Kudos
bjm534
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

In my experience 99.999% of the time, if you're firewall rules are good, the windows firewall might be blocking these.

-Brad
0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

bjm534 wrote:

In my experience 99.999% of the time, if you're firewall rules are good, the windows firewall might be blocking these.

That won't be the case here because it works on the internal network when the Connection Server is used. If the desktop Windows firewall was blocking PCoIP, it would give a black screen in all cases.

It'll be one of the 3 steps I mentioned above. When all 3 are done, it will work.

Mark

0 Kudos
VirtualMattCT
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Can you share what you configured for your Secure Gateway and PCoIP gateway settings, on both your Security Server and the Connection Server that's paired to it?

0 Kudos
bjm534
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Mark those are good things to check, but remember that in these later versions of view you have to enable the windows firewall on the security server and connection server to allow them to pair through the ipsec tunnel component of the windows firewall. A lot of times people enable the windows firewall on the security server but the rules aren't correct. Since you have a firewall @araudiop I would just make the default action on the windows firewall of the security server to allow on all profiles. as mark suggested please share your security server config with us. Make sure that you have the correct PCoIP external address in that config, it should be the public IP mapped to that security server.

-Brad

-Brad
0 Kudos
markbenson
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

I've included the firewall checks. That's step 3 of the 3 steps.

You also get a black screen if steps 1 and 2 are missed or are incorrect as well.

It's not clear from the original description if there is more than one Connection Server. If there is just one and connections work fine internally, then it is likely that the Connection Server is not configured correctly to gateway PCoIP ("Use PCoIP Secure Gateway for PCoIP connections to desktop") and/or that the correct PCoIP external URL is not set.

There reason I pointed out steps 1 and 2 as well as the firewall checking step (3) is because in my experience, this has in the past been caused for any of the 3 steps not just the firewall checking step.

If the firewall is enabled on the Security Server and Connection Server (which it should be) prior to installation, then IPsec is set up correctly and all the appropriate firewall rules are set up automatically. I agree that some people can often misconfigure the firewall if they attempt to set it up manually.

Mark.

0 Kudos