VMware Horizon Community
russmw
Contributor
Contributor

PCOIP problem after upgrading to View 5

Hi all,

We had view 4.6 working with XP virtual clients hosted in our vsphere environment and the view client on both XP and W7 machines. Last week we upgraded to View 5 on the clients and servers then recomposed the linked clones to find they sat at startup the after 10 minutes or so switch to configuration error in the view admin console and PCOIP wont work. If the parent machine is configured with the view 5 agent but doesnt include the PCOIP component the linked clones show up as available and work (obviously minues PCOIP functionality).

After lots of playing & tweaking it appears to be a firewall issue and if I turn the firewall off on the virtual machine it shows as available in the view admin console and I can connect with no issues. I've scanned through the view 5 documentation and cant see any additional port requirements over 4.6 which was working fine?

I suspect I'm missing something really stupid but cant figure it out - any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Russell

0 Kudos
3 Replies
admin
Immortal
Immortal

Are you using the default Windows firewall? It sounds like the firewall settings were not automatically configured during the View Agent upgrade. Possibly the parent was not rebooted after the agent upgrade?

No ports were changed between 4.6 and 5.x

WP

0 Kudos
russmw
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks for the reply. When I built the parent machine (tried again from scratch in case the problem was caused by upgrading the agent) I rebooted it a few times are installing the view agent as I've read about people experiencing the same problem. I am using the standard windows firewall and running netstat -ap I can see the connection server talking to the client on port 4001 showing as established?

Thanks

Russell

0 Kudos
cprawitz
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you installing the View Agent as a Domain Admin User or as Local Admin User and are you powering down the gold image before creating snapshot? 

0 Kudos