VMware Horizon Community
elkhornps
Contributor
Contributor

PCOIP and USB Auto Redirection

We are slowing moving to View 4 and PCOIP and one hiccup is that USB devices are no longer auto redirecting to the OS like they did with view 3.

We are using HP t5630W thin clients and if I remember correctly, there was some HP USB Redirection software that we loaded on the thin client and also on the virtual desktop (Server Piece). I'm not sure, but maybe that only worked for RDP and view does not natively support it, but that is a feature that everyone wants to keep now.

Users can manually click connect usb device on the blue ribbon and select their device, but they just want it to show up.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jason

Specs

HP T5630W - XP Embedded 2009

View Client 4.U1

View Server 4 U1

(2) DL380 G5/ (1) DL360 G5 ESX 3.5 Hosts

MSA 2012i S/W iscsi

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ragazzi
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

I'm facing the same problem at the moment. We're using the same thinClients as

The additional software you installed is the HP Multimedia and USB enhancement Software. I installed the same piece of Software which should easy the handling of USB redirection (and also does multimedia redirection).

Using View 4.01 the usb redirection works when using the RDP protocol, but it is not working when using the PCoIP protocol. I have not figured out how to make it work.

Unfortunately I could not find any usefuel information on the HP website nor an update which make this software work with PCoIP.

Anybody any ideas?

0 Kudos
elkhornps
Contributor
Contributor

I was just working with our rep the other day and while we were looking through a few things in 4.5, we noticed that auto redirection is now an option on the client and through the GPO policies that you can apply.

Hope this helps others!

0 Kudos
nnmansoori
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, I am using Wyse C90LE which has XPe and VMware View client 4.5 installed on it, the vDesktop OS is Windows XP SP3, and I am using VMware view 4.5 as View Connection Server, the USB headset is Jabra, and the USB redirection is done correctly, I am using VOIP software and it is working perfect, the only issue I faced is PCoIP sound quality with Windows 7, there are some disconnection on the voice, I had the same issue with XP and PCoIP also when I was using View 4.0.1, but it is resolved with XP since I am using View 4.5.

0 Kudos