Jons5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Outlook search index with FSLogix

Jump to solution

Hello everyone,

the past two weeks me and one of my colleagues were testing FSLogix Office 365 containers.

The initial setup was pretty easy and straight forward which was very promising but there is one thing we can't seem to get right: the outlook search index.

Everytime the user has a new session the index has to be rebuild in order for the user to be able to search e.g. contacts in Outlook again.

We tried both Single-user Search and Multi-user Search without any luck.

Since there are some posts about the successful use of FSLogix (Office containers) I'm hoping for someone to give us a hint. :smileylaugh:

Horizon 7.10

Instant Clones

Win10 1809 Enterprise

vCenter 6.7 update 3

Best regards,

Jens

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jons5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

sorry for the late answer, I was on vacation... :smileylaugh:

Our problem was that we had a soft phone (ProCall by estos) running and that software was corrupting the search index, because it has some features with contacts in Outlook.

After disabling this functionality everything is working again.

The GPO 'FSLogix RoamSearch' is configured to Single-user Search.

Maybe there is a similiar program in one of your app stacks.

Best regards,

Jens

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
sjesse
Leadership
Leadership

Since this isn't VMware related here really isn't the best place to ask this, you may want to look at joining this slack channel as there is a section for fslogix questions

Welcome to the World of EUC | Website

jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Are you using app volumes? I'm having the exact same issue and I have found that if I don't attach any app stacks through app volumes it works consistently. I've been googling for days and haven't found a suitable answer. Some of the app volumes release notes mention fixing issues with Outlook indexing, but I think that is mainly with writable volumes.

0 Kudos
Jons5
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hey,

sorry for the late answer, I was on vacation... :smileylaugh:

Our problem was that we had a soft phone (ProCall by estos) running and that software was corrupting the search index, because it has some features with contacts in Outlook.

After disabling this functionality everything is working again.

The GPO 'FSLogix RoamSearch' is configured to Single-user Search.

Maybe there is a similiar program in one of your app stacks.

Best regards,

Jens

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jordanht
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Ah, that is interesting. Almost all of our app stacks are individual applications, and the error seems to happen no matter what I attach, but I suppose it is possible something else is getting pulled into the app stacks during provisioning. I guess I will try to eliminate any more possibilities!

Thank you.

0 Kudos