VMware Horizon Community
Sanderma
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

Only allow certain users to use security server

Hi all,

I am looking at a way to let users work from home using a security server (works like a charm) BUT, I don't want all my users to be able to logon from home. This is the default behavior.

Tags are an option, but requires me to create a seperate pool for home users, which use the same thin clone desktops as 'ordinary' users.

Is there a way to enable this functionality (as it works in vpn etc.)?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you might want to enable VPN for such users only. the other way is if you have RSA in your environment you could enable such people in a pool that would required RSA authentication ..  http://communities.vmware.com/thread/306690?tstart=0

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

if you have VPN, then you can do without security server. for those who have access remotely then will establish their VPN connection and point to local view connection server in view client ..

0 Kudos
mittim12
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

I don't see any other method than having two different pools for remote users and internal users.    You may be able to use two factor to separate the two types of users. 

Sanderma
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

To clarify a bit Smiley Happy

We already have VPN, but wish to deliver desktops without it.

We just need a way to allow only a couple of users to work from home.

0 Kudos
Sanderma
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

So if I set the security server to need RSA auth, only users with RSA can login.

Smart, I'll look in to that.

0 Kudos
idle-jam
Immortal
Immortal
Jump to solution

you might want to enable VPN for such users only. the other way is if you have RSA in your environment you could enable such people in a pool that would required RSA authentication ..  http://communities.vmware.com/thread/306690?tstart=0

0 Kudos