VMware Horizon Community
kevinpower
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Onedrive Windows 10 1803, Random user content will be deleted

Hi all,

Working on a Windows 10 1803 project and one of the requirement was to make Onedrive available in a non-persistent VDI environment

With the new client installed on the local machine instead of installing it under "appdata/local"  and doing some additional configuration it works........

After testing some days, we have noticed that after a user uploads content to Onedrive from the local physical machine and logged in directly with a new session in VDI, all the old content will be deleted in the cloud and only the recent uploaded files shows up for on-demand!!! within the virtual desktop

we have managed the following configuration with Ivanti/Appsense

# to avoid warnings that the onedrive folder has been removed or replaced. the following folders and registry settings to provide SSO will be saved.

Include

-      {CSIDL_LOCAL_APPDATA}\Microsoft\OneDrive\settings\

-      C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive - vmware\.*

Exclude

-     C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive - vmware\

Registry

Include

-     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\OneDrive\

If we don't include the file "C:\Users\%username%\OneDrive - vmware\.*" Onedrive will ask the user at every login that the folder has been replaced, so you can choose to retry or setup onedrive again.

344485_344485.PNGCapture-vmware.PNG

Does anyone have a clue what happened? Is there somebody who experienced the same with UEM or while using Writable volumes?

Greetz,

Kevin

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kevinpower
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The problem has been solved. For more information on that see my personal blog post

VDI Onedrive Windows 10 - Virtualblog.nl

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
kevinpower
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The problem has been solved. For more information on that see my personal blog post

VDI Onedrive Windows 10 - Virtualblog.nl

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was it helpful? Let us know by completing this short survey here.

0 Kudos
RichDyer
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

kevinpower,

I like what you've done here - I have a question though - would the inclusions/exclusions still work if I were using Persona Management?  I'm asking if you know already, I am going to test and try it anyway.  We dont have UEM with View 7 Standard, so Persona Management is our only option, I have considered the idea of using a dedicated linked clone pool, but our resources wont permit this - unless I can script persistent disk un-assignment and re-assignment on the pool.

We are having a few issues getting OneDrive to work in a non-persistent linked clone pool with Files on Demand, I'm sure it should/would/could work, just meeting some issues along the way.

I am trying W10 1803SAC & 1809SAC along with the latest LTSC - had issues with agent versions too - it feels like too many variables and parameters at the moment!  Currently only 1809SAC with agent 7.8 is proving successful.

thanks

Rich

0 Kudos
kevinpower
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Hello Rich,

I did not test it with Persona management in combination with Windows 10. After testing it, can you share the output?

While testing it within windows 10 1803, we used Ivanti appsense to exclude and include path's and folders.

Greetz,

Kevin

0 Kudos