VMware Horizon Community
tolot27
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

One-to-One Drive Letter Mapping does not work

Hi!

I'm using Horizon 2212 and have configured the One-to-One Drive Letter Mapping Mode using GPO. It is applied to instant clones and RDSH (confirmed by checking HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\VMware, Inc.\VMware tsdr). Unfortunately, it does not have any effect.  The to client drives H: and I: (also mapped network drives) are redirected to Y: and X: in published Apps and virtual desktops but should have the same drive letter.

Tsdr log files only exists on the client but not on the agent and they do not contain any error.

How to solve this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
xwei1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

From the client version you have provided, the issue you met should be a bug which is addressed in Horizon Client Q1 release.. If possible please try a newer version to verify.

The issue is caused when sometimes the redirected drive path have '\' while sometime does not, and the code handling it mistakenly. 

And to better confirm the issue, would you try on agent side DCT log collection? After the code refactor, current CDR agent side does not have separated log file anymore, it is stay in agent debug log currently. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
xwei1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

From the client version you have provided, the issue you met should be a bug which is addressed in Horizon Client Q1 release.. If possible please try a newer version to verify.

The issue is caused when sometimes the redirected drive path have '\' while sometime does not, and the code handling it mistakenly. 

And to better confirm the issue, would you try on agent side DCT log collection? After the code refactor, current CDR agent side does not have separated log file anymore, it is stay in agent debug log currently. 

0 Kudos
tolot27
Contributor
Contributor
Jump to solution

It indeed works as expected with the newer 2303 version. I just had to update RDSH and VDI instant clones.

Do you know a way to give the mapped drives a customized name? I already tried to set HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\MountPoints2\##TSCLIENT#H\_LabelFromReg using our user network mapping GPO. Unfortunately, this key seem to be overwritten the CDR agent some time after the user policies are applied.

0 Kudos
xwei1
VMware Employee
VMware Employee
Jump to solution

Unfortunately current Horizon not provide the functionality to map the drive to a customized name. Current friendly name for the redirected folder follow "[localName] on [RemoteComputerName]" format.

The reg key value you mentioned will be overwritten with above format every time when the session is established.

Does the naming critical to your daily work? We could make this a small enhancement for the mapping rule.

0 Kudos