VMware Horizon Community
normeyj
Contributor
Contributor

One or more server(s) is either in warning or error state or in drain mode state

I have a RDS server for applications and have this warning i have checked the RDSH registry entry and its the same as my other RDS farms.

One or more server(s) is either in warning or error state or in drain mode state  or servers have a mixed set of reported and unreported load values.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Le0Getz
Contributor
Contributor

I am getting the same error.  No issues with applications launch or load balancing just the alert on the dashboard.  Running 2212.  

0 Kudos
Patrick4
Contributor
Contributor

Same here with 2212 

I'm wondering if 2303 would fix it 

0 Kudos
BenTrojahn
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

if the RDSH is not showing disabled, verify that all the app pools in that farm have valid paths, that the RDHS has that path, app vols are attached etc... .  The warning/error is likely not incorrect, its just is unclear and doesn't help much

0 Kudos
yukiafronia
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

Hi, @normeyj @BenTrojahn @Patrick4 @Le0Getz 

It is an older version, with a slightly different message,
Page 8 of the following document contains a statement that may be of interest.

The warning may be issued if the load-balancing settings are not similar among the RDSH machines in the farm.

- RDSH SESSION LOAD-BALANCING FOR DESKTOPS AND APPLICATIONS IN VMWARE HORIZON 6 AND VMWARE HORIZON 7

www.vmware.com/content/dam/digitalmarketing/vmware/en/pdf/techpaper/vmware-horizon-view-rdsh-session...

===== Excerpts from here =====
Mixed load values - When the load balancing configuration is not identical across the RDSH VMs in a farm, the dashboard shows the following status warning: One or more server(s) is either in warning or error state, or servers have a mixed set of reported and unreported load values.
===== Excerpt here: =====

In the Horizon Console screen showing the farm, please select the RDS host and click "Edit", then change the "Number of connections" setting in it to unify the "Maximum number of connections" for all RDSH servers to a number, or to "Unlimited", The message may disappear.

Below are the documents related to load balancing.
Please refer to the above mentioned documents as necessary.

- Configuring RDS Host Load Balancing in the Horizon Console
https://docs.vmware.com/jp/VMware-Horizon/2212/virtual-desktops/GUID-83A5A0DD-6274-4432-9812-B2182C5... 

- Load Balancing Configuration
https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-Horizon/2212/virtual-desktops/GUID-461B7E5E-183B-4AA0-AB87-A76D07F... 

0 Kudos