VMware Horizon Community
RogerSween
Contributor
Contributor

On VIEW Connection Server, Transfer Server Status Pending, The service is not working properly

Based on some really bad advice, I created a second view connection server in our VDI environment. When it got to the point that I had to add servers, when I added the view transfer server that was for our first connection server, it gave an error. but I put the transfer server into maintenance mode, added it to the second connection server and it went ok. It was then I realized that I needed a replication server and not a connection server for internal use, and so I put the transfer server back into maintenance mode, and then uninstalled view connection off the second server.

Now the transfer server will not exit the pending state on the first connection server, and under events it reports "The service is not working properly"

I've rebooted both, checked and made sure the proper services were running, I can ping each one as well. But I cannot remove the transfer server from the first connection server. It gives me a warning about it being the last transfer server and if I say yes, it hangs.

I've looked in the registry and file systems for what may be stopping the two from working again. Could I be missing something?

You are removing the last Transfer Server. Local Mode operations can no longer be performed. There are packages published to the Transfer Server repository. These packages will be unaffected and will become available again when a Transfer Server is added.

Message was edited by: Brian Atkinson to remove ALLCAPS from subject line

0 Kudos
2 Replies
mikebarnett
VMware Employee
VMware Employee

You will likely need to use ADSIedit to manually remove this Transfer Server entry from the AD LDS database on the Connection Server.

Have you ever connected to the AD LDS instance on a Connection Server? If not, I can provide some instructions.

-Mike

Twitter: @MikeBarnett_
0 Kudos
RogerSween
Contributor
Contributor

Sounds like a good tool, and I could have used it. Instead I spun up a VM, created a new transfer server. Then added it in the ViewConnection server and removed the old one. It took a day!!

Thanks Brian Atkinson for removing ALLCAPS from subject line. My bad.

0 Kudos