VMware Horizon Community
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Old Hardware and Dual Monitors

I have been using the VMware VDI product for a short time now and ran into a desktop device (dell) and a Tablet device (Fujitsu) that both have dual monitors. I have came to notice that the Dual monitor support by default is not the best. Is there a 3rd party utility or a method to get it to work better? I am looking for the cheapest way possible.

Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

Tags (5)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tbrouwer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

After you install that MHA software, there should be an icon in the taskbar. Right click that icon and make sure it is enabled. I think by default it is disabled. This will allow you to maximize a window and it will just snap to the one screen like it should.

Also, from the Dell or fujitsu, launch RDP with the /span option to span across two monitors. I believe from start run you can do mstsc /span

Hope this helps

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
tbrouwer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

Try downloading the MHA software from wyse and load it into the VM.

http://wyse.com/serviceandsupport/support/dlOraFW.asp?which=81&model=V10L(Wyse%20Thin%20OS)

MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Although i am not using a wyse Thin client I did give it a try and it did nothing for support. I tried setting the VDI client to multiple monitors and regular full screen. Anything that I forgot to set or change in the process.

0 Kudos
tbrouwer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

What problems exactly are you trying to solve?

0 Kudos
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have a Dell desktop that uses 2 monitors. When I use the Full Screen (Screen layout) I get it in 1 monitor. When I use the Full Screen (multi monitor) I get the screen split in the middle of both screens. I am looking for a way to get it to cover both screens like a normal windows session with 2 monitors selected. Also in time I will be running into the same problem with Fujitsu lifebooks that have a docking station and an attached monitor to the docking station.

0 Kudos
tbrouwer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

After you install that MHA software, there should be an icon in the taskbar. Right click that icon and make sure it is enabled. I think by default it is disabled. This will allow you to maximize a window and it will just snap to the one screen like it should.

Also, from the Dell or fujitsu, launch RDP with the /span option to span across two monitors. I believe from start run you can do mstsc /span

Hope this helps

0 Kudos
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

I have not tested this again yet but will this work in a pooled environment? I have a lot of my devices set to use a persistent or no-persistent pool. I also don't know if it makes a difference but I am using the VMWare VDI Client to connect to the VDI device and am also using the VMWare VDM for the connection broker.

0 Kudos
MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

Gave it a try with no success. I still get a big grey line down the out side edge of the screens and it is completely concentrated into the middle of the screens.

0 Kudos
tbrouwer
Hot Shot
Hot Shot
Jump to solution

it should not do this with the /span option. Are you clients that are connection to the VDI desktops running the latest RDC 6.0?

MAHC
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Jump to solution

The device I was testing on was not upgraded. After the upgrade it worked perfect. Thanks for all of your help.

0 Kudos